V.5.0 - Added a brand-new construction drawing editing and exporting function

Homestyler Official 19 March 2023

Homestyler V5.0-Introduced a brand-new construction drawing function, providing you with convenient services for online editing, previewing and exporting various drawings. Let's take a look at how to use construction drawings~

Updated Functions:

1. How to enter construction drawings?

2. How to edit construction drawings?

1) Introduction to construction drawing editing interface and drawing types

2) Differences between View and Drawing modes

3) How to add different types of text in construction drawings

4) How to add different types of dimensions in construction drawings

5) How to add and delete drawings

6) How to adjust the scale and position of the drawing

3. How to export construction drawings?

Detailed Introduction:

1. How to enter construction drawings?In Homesstyler V5.0, click the top navigation "Export-Construction Drawing" to enter "One-click Export/Edit Drawing"

*You need to set the name of each room when editing or exporting the construction drawing.

2. How to edit construction drawings?

1) Introduction to construction drawing editing interface and drawing types

①【The central canvas】Provide basic function operation and preview, which is convenient for users to operate construction drawings

②【The left catalog】Display all the construction drawings in the project, and support customizing adding/deleting drawings.

Construction drawing types are as follows:

Drawing Catalog

Main Material Table

Plan Drawings:Floor Plan、Layout Plan、Ceiling Construction、Ceiling Lamp Position、Floor Finish Plan、Wall Construction Index、Elevation Index

ElevationDrawings

③【The top toolbar】Support functions such as undo, redo, adding text and size, etc., which is convenient for users to make dimension annotations and text notes

④【The right property panel】Support functions of setting drawing parameters and replacing legends, which is convenient for users to manage drawings.

⑤【The bottom toolbar】Support adjustment of drawing scale, allowing users to easily optimize construction drawings.

2) Differences between View and Drawing modes

View: Edit the drawings in the view, including dimensioning, adding text, adjusting dimensions, etc.

Drawing: Typeset and organize the edited view drawings, and at the same time set the information in the drawing frame to output a complete construction drawing.

3)How to add different types of text in construction drawings

a.How to add leader line text:

In the "View" mode, click on the top "Add Text - Add Leading Text", click and enter the text at the position where you want to add text and leader, and click on the blank space after completion

Select the text, and you can adjust the size and color of the text, as well as the type and color of the leader in the property list on the right.

b.How to add normal text:

In "View" mode, click "Add Text-Text" on the top, click and enter the text where you want to add text, and click on the blank space after completion.

Select the text, you can adjust the size and color of the text in the attribute list on the right, and you can move, copy and delete the text.

c.How to add component text:

Switch to "Drawing" mode, and click the "Add Text - Component Text" button at the top. Click where you want to add text and enter the text, and click on the blank space when you are done.

The default setting is to apply the component text to all drawings, and you can select the drawing range to which the component text is applied in the right property panel "application range". 

At the same time, you can select the text and ungroup it to adjust the text in the drawing individually.

4)How to add different types of dimensions in construction drawings

a.How to add linear dimensions: (Linear dimensions are used to mark horizontal and vertical dimensions)

In the "View" mode, click "Mark-Linear Dimension" on the top to select the starting point, and then select the endpoint for dimensioning. At the same time, you can also click on the dimension and select "custom text" in the right property bar to customize the dimension value.

b.How to add alignmed dimensions: (Alignment dimensions are not only available for horizontal and vertical dimensions, but also support bevel dimensions)

In "View" mode, click on the top "Mark-Align Dimension" to select the starting point, and then select the end point to dimension. At the same time, you can also click on the dimension and select "custom text" in the right property bar to customize the dimension value.

5)How to add and delete drawings

In the "Drawing" mode, select the "Add Folder" and "Add Drawing" options on the upper left, add a new drawing and name it, and then add drawing content on the right. 

6)How to adjust the scale and position of the drawing?

In the "Drawing" mode, select the drawing that needs to be scaled, click "Annotation Scale" at the bottom, and select an appropriate scale. At the same time, you can also choose to move the drawing so that the content of the drawing fits the frame better.

3.How to export construction drawings?

* Construction drawings support exporting in three formats: dwg, pdf, and jpg

Method 1:

In Homestyler V5.0, open the project, click the top navigation "Export-Construction Drawing" and select "One-click Export", select the bottom "Export Drawing" to select the drawing and drawing format to be 

Method 2:

In Homestyler V5.0, open the project, click the top navigation "Export-Construction Drawing" and select "Edit Drawing", in the "Drawing" mode, select the bottom "Export Drawing" to select the drawing and drawing format to be exported, click "Export" and done.

0 27382 48

Comments(48)

head-img
Nauka Desai 30 March 2023
Specifically, I would suggest adding a feature that allows users to easily place electrical devices, lighting fixtures, switches, and outlets on the floor plan and create a clear and easy-to-read electrical plan layout. This would be a great addition to an already robust platform, and would make the process of creating construction drawings even more seamless and efficient. Thank you for your consideration of this request. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
55 Reply
head-img
Raquel MOSAICO 29 March 2023
Hello!! Thank you very much!!! I have, like @chiara amadei, the same issue . I work in centemeters and meters and not in feets and inches and, when I download the plans they appear in inches. How can we solve that?? Thank you in advance!!
24 Reply
head-img
Nauka Desai 30 March 2023
Dear Home Styler Support Team, I am a user of your platform and have found it very helpful for creating construction drawings for my home renovation projects. However, I noticed that there is currently no functionality for creating an electrical plan layout, which is an important part of the overall construction drawing. I would like to request that you consider adding an electrical plan layout function to the platform. This would allow users like me to easily create and incorporate electrical plans into our construction drawings, without having to use external tools or resources.
23 Reply
head-img
Chiara Amadei 29 March 2023
Hello Homestyler, thank you so much for this Constuction Drawing Function. I really appreciate it! I would like to ask you how to change the measurement unit, because when I enter in the "Drawing mode" and click on "Layout Plan" it only show the mesurament in inches, and I would like to have it in centimeters. Can you help me? Thank you so much!
17 Reply
head-img
Raquel MOSAICO 31 March 2023
I join your proposal!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻@ Nauka Desai
Specifically, I would suggest adding a feature that allows users to easily place electrical devices, lighting fixtures, switches, and outlets on the floor plan and create a clear and easy-to-read electrical plan layout. This would be a great addition to an already robust platform, and would make the process of creating construction drawings even more seamless and efficient. Thank you for your consideration of this request. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
16 Reply
head-img
Olga Sosova 30 March 2023
The problem. Draw in inches, not in mm!
14 Reply
head-img
Anna Bajno 30 March 2023
Hello, thank you for this grsate new funcionality :) is it posible to change inches for cm or mm?
11 Reply
head-img
SZYMON WŁODARKIEWICZ 29 March 2023
Cześć, nowa funkcja jest super. Jest tylko mały problem z jednostką miary. Jak zmienić cale na cm. Z góry dziękuję za odpowiedź.
8 Reply
head-img
Marta Q 31 March 2023
How to change measurment unit from inches to centemeters? Plus how create drawing for one floor? Currently I can only create a drawing with two floors when one is overlapping the next.
6 Reply
head-img
Elena Sochi 8 April 2023
Скажите, есть возможность изменить язык в чертежах?
4 Reply
head-img
Raquel MOSAICO 30 March 2023
Hi everyone!! In the meantime while the problem is solved I am changing the dimensions from feet to meters manually. I have uploaded an image. You just have to go to the plan you want to change in the "View" mode. Then go to your right where it says "Dimension" - Numerical Value - Custom Text. Enter the figures manually... The problem with this is just that you have to double check you are entering the right figures and the time that it takes to amend all dimensions. Hope it helps!! Raquel@ Raquel MOSAICO
attachment
Hello!! Thank you very much!!! I have, like @chiara amadei, the same issue . I work in centemeters and meters and not in feets and inches and, when I download the plans they appear in inches. How can we solve that?? Thank you in advance!!
4 Reply
head-img
marina-kopaeva 30 March 2023
I support.This is a big problem!Very uncomfortable!@ Olga Sosova
4 Reply
head-img
Yael Fuerst 31 March 2023
Thank you! As mentioned the need is for measurement in cm. Also kitchen elevation doesn't show cabinet plans is there an option to do this? show the cabinet units and measurement so that we can forward it to a carpenter? Thanks
3 Reply
head-img
Ольга Денисова 15 October
добрый день, я поддерживаю что обязательно нужны планы электрики. зачем делать это дополнительно если у нас есть розетки!! просим дополнить планом электрики, спасибо
2 Reply
head-img
shaik ahammed 21 September
2 Reply
head-img
Priyancka Maduarh 2 September
Need more options for 1. Electrical elements like Switchboard, fan regulator switch etc. 2. Partition Options 3. Back painted/Coloured Mirror for accent walls 4. Handle & knobs
2 Reply
head-img
Hobby Qin 16 April 2023
electrical plan layout, which is an important part of the overall construction drawing,I look forward to hearing back from you soon
2 Reply
head-img
Ирина Морозова 7 April 2023
добрый день. подскажите как попасть на страницу редактирования плана с размерами
2 Reply
head-img
Károly Baucsek 30 March 2023
Greetings! Joining the others before me, I appreciate that this new feature has been added to the program, it is a great help, thank you! In my country, too, millimetre-centimetre and metre are the common measurement formats. Is it expected that drawings will be generated in other units of measurement? Thank you in advance for your reply!
2 Reply
head-img
Ольга Денисова 28 March
Очень жизненно необходимо чтобы в комплект чертежей входил план электрики, и все чертежи с ведомостями были переведены на русский язык.
1 Reply
head-img
J Bo 25 March
Очень полезная функция! Спасибо!
1 Reply
head-img
mj.kendall 21 January
Is your exporting function only for paid users now? I don't see any mention of this in Pricing or tutorials. If I try to export now it is now greyed out? What paid plans now support this?
1 Reply
head-img
Karen Richani 30 March 2023
Can we add the option of typing the name of the rooms? some room types are not on the list?
1 Reply
head-img
Blue Cloud 3 April
i cant import images
Helpful Reply
head-img
Natol Petrov 3 April
Hello! Thank you very much! I support the need for electrical plans! Why do this extra if we have sockets!! please add an electrical plan, thank you!!!
Helpful Reply
head-img
Cauê Iartelli 28 March
please add other idiom to export draw
Helpful Reply
head-img
mondetoxx Alle 20 March
Is there any way to include simple geometric forms like sphere, cube etc, for editing pipelines and hydraulics at the catalog?
Helpful Reply
head-img
Fletch Window Tint 10 July
Searching for the best window tinting in San Antonio? Just go towards Fletch Window Tint! We offer a wide range of services to help you customize your car, home, or office. We use the latest technology and highest-quality materials to provide you with the best possible window tinting experience. Contact us today at Fletchwindowtint.com.
Helpful Reply
head-img
Aline Caetano 30 June
Como faço para aparecer os Boiseries inseridos nas plantas de elevação? Não estão aparecendo para mim.
Helpful Reply
head-img
諒 加藤 22 June
yup, a basic feature still missing@ Nauka Desai
Helpful Reply
head-img
Rosa María Castelló 16 June
Tienes que cambiar antes de hacer la exportación en propiedades a metros o cm. entonces sale correctamente. Si alguien sabe como cambiar el texto de ventanas y otros elementos que está en inglés lo agradecería.@ Raquel MOSAICO
Helpful Reply
head-img
rhys.doyle 13 June
This was very helpful
Helpful Reply
head-img
leonardo radomir 16 May
jihiuhu@ marina-kopaeva
I support.This is a big problem!Very uncomfortable!
Helpful Reply
head-img
Sergii S 9 May
Hello. How to export only one floor?
Helpful Reply
head-img
evelyn ponce 23 April 2023
TENGO PROBLEMAS CON ESTA NUEVA VERSION, NO PUEDO RECUPERAR LOS RENDERS DE MIS PROYECTOS PASADOS NI ME DEJA GUARDAR ALGUNO NUEVO.
Helpful Reply
head-img
militiaproducts 13 April 2023
ALL MY DIMENSIONS ARE RUINED NOW ON THE PLAN I HAVE WORKED ON FOR A YEAR, AND NOW THAT I SAVED IT IN V5, I CANT GO BACK. ALL THE INCH DIMENSIONS ARE NOW FEET. THANKS.
Helpful Reply
head-img
REJANE LEAL 11 April 2023
Uau! Vocês estão melhorando cada vez mais. Parabéns e obrigada por tudo. As novidades da plataforma são realmente ótimas, mas gostaríamos que as medidas das cotas estivessem disponíveis em centímetros e metros. Existe alguma maneira de mudar as unidades de medida?
Helpful Reply
head-img
cezar.icq 8 April 2023
Hi, thanks for the new construction drawings! I would really like to add a plan of outlets!
Helpful Reply
head-img
Rosa María Castelló 7 April 2023
Cambialo ántes de importar el dibujo y se cambia. Es decir entra en ajustes o preferencias ponlo en metros o centímetros y luego ve a importar dibujo y ya lo tendrás.@ Marta Q
How to change measurment unit from inches to centemeters? Plus how create drawing for one floor? Currently I can only create a drawing with two floors when one is overlapping the next.
Helpful Reply
head-img
Cambialo ántes de importar el dibujo y se cambia. Es decir entra en ajustes o preferencias ponlo en metros o centímetros y luego ve a importar dibujo y ya lo tendrás.@ marina-kopaeva
I support.This is a big problem!Very uncomfortable!
Helpful Reply
head-img
Cambialo ántes de importar el dibujo y se cambia. Es decir entra en ajustes o preferencias ponlo en metros o centímetros y luego ve a importar dibujo y ya lo tendrás.@ SZYMON WŁODARKIEWICZ
Cześć, nowa funkcja jest super. Jest tylko mały problem z jednostką miary. Jak zmienić cale na cm. Z góry dziękuję za odpowiedź.
Helpful Reply
head-img
Cambialo ántes de importar el dibujo y se cambia. Es decir entra en ajustes o preferencias ponlo en metros o centímetros y luego ve a importar dibujo y ya lo tendrás.@ Olga Sosova
Helpful Reply
head-img
Cambialo ántes de importar el dibujo y se cambia. Es decir entra en ajustes o preferencias ponlo en metros o centímetros y luego ve a importar dibujo y ya lo tendrás.@ Chiara Amadei
Hello Homestyler, thank you so much for this Constuction Drawing Function. I really appreciate it! I would like to ask you how to change the measurement unit, because when I enter in the "Drawing mode" and click on "Layout Plan" it only show the mesurament in inches, and I would like to have it in centimeters. Can you help me? Thank you so much!
Helpful Reply
head-img
Cambialo ántes de importar el dibujo y se cambia. Es decir entra en ajustes o preferencias ponlo en metros o centímetros y luego ve a importar dibujo y ya lo tendrás.@ Raquel MOSAICO
Helpful Reply
head-img
Chiara Ippomei 1 April 2023
Helpful Reply
head-img
yura fi 31 March 2023
同樣的問題。我的工作單位是厘米和米,而不是英尺和英寸,當我下載計劃時,它們以英寸顯示。我們該如何解決?先感謝您!!
Helpful Reply
head-img
Grace Simmons 31 March 2023
Change the room name to 'other room' then highlight those words and type in the name you want. I do it all the time!@ Karen Richani
Can we add the option of typing the name of the rooms? some room types are not on the list?
Helpful Reply
head-img
Grace Simmons 31 March 2023
Great that this is a new feature. How about doing something for folks that do not use DWG files. When you add a floor plan via manual drawing --- how about adding a feature so you can see your floor plan within the custom modeling interface. @homestyler
Helpful Reply