Different ceiling height at same floor

Jian Shiu Chong 21 April

I was searching for the tutorial/example/helps from the forum but so far didn't find one. The suggestion that I see so far are "custom floor" and set the wall height setting. But that does not solve the issue of "floating ceiling". Wonder if it's possible to create such drawing in Homestyler?

Right is my custom floor height and left are the "normal floor height" 

And bellow is another example if adding up a new floor perspective.

0 114 7

Comments(7)

head-img
Grace Simmons 54min
Make the the yellow box room (section) 2 story and the use the floor edit feature (2nd fl) and remove the floor or use custom modeling for upper walls and ceiling to the desired height. I try to use HS walls as much as possible w/custom modeling you will then have to create doors/windows. Start with you highest wall height and then work your way down.@ Jian Shiu Chong
Hi Grace, thanks for the advice. I think during my search in this forum, I think I found your respond to the similar question that raised by the other users. If I understand you correctly, I'll need to "inverse" my design. My actual main building, which is 2 floors building need to use custom modeling to draw, where as, this extension building (the one with door) will be the room instead. This way, my actual main building, which is 2 floors will need to rebuild/redraw with custom modeling? Correct me if I'm wrong. By the way, you've some great design there and thanks for the advise!
attachment
Helpful Reply
head-img
Jian Shiu Chong 6hr
Hi Grace, I really appreciate your time on showcasing me the example with your own drawing. You're very close to my inquiry now, so I think it's better for me to use your drawing and further explain my question, hope you don't mind. The yellow box room, the wall height needed to be higher than the wall height on the left block (my design also like yours, 2 floor building). So in short, that yellow box is a 1 floor extension that "attached" to existing building. Hope this explained all and thanks again for the kind efforts.@ Grace Simmons
attachment
You don't need to use custom modeling to build the house. Build the house using ex: 12ft walls. in the rooms that you want with 10 ft ceiling either use custom modeling/custom ceiling and build a 2 ft ceiling or use custom floor and build a 2 ft platform. for the 3rd piece build as usual and do the same thing. In plane view remove ceiling (show ceiling option) for any room you changed wall height.
attachment
Helpful Reply
head-img
Grace Simmons Yesterday
You don't need to use custom modeling to build the house. Build the house using ex: 12ft walls. in the rooms that you want with 10 ft ceiling either use custom modeling/custom ceiling and build a 2 ft ceiling or use custom floor and build a 2 ft platform. for the 3rd piece build as usual and do the same thing. In plane view remove ceiling (show ceiling option) for any room you changed wall height.@ Jian Shiu Chong
attachment
Hi Grace, thanks for the advice. I think during my search in this forum, I think I found your respond to the similar question that raised by the other users. If I understand you correctly, I'll need to "inverse" my design. My actual main building, which is 2 floors building need to use custom modeling to draw, where as, this extension building (the one with door) will be the room instead. This way, my actual main building, which is 2 floors will need to rebuild/redraw with custom modeling? Correct me if I'm wrong. By the way, you've some great design there and thanks for the advise!
attachment
Helpful Reply
head-img
Jian Shiu Chong 1 May
Hi Grace, thanks for the advice. I think during my search in this forum, I think I found your respond to the similar question that raised by the other users. If I understand you correctly, I'll need to "inverse" my design. My actual main building, which is 2 floors building need to use custom modeling to draw, where as, this extension building (the one with door) will be the room instead. This way, my actual main building, which is 2 floors will need to rebuild/redraw with custom modeling? Correct me if I'm wrong. By the way, you've some great design there and thanks for the advise!@ Grace Simmons
attachment
To achieve different ceiling heights for the same floor: make your walls the tallest height and then use custom modeling/custom ceiling to create a ceiling in the rooms at the lower heights.
Helpful Reply
head-img
Grace Simmons 1 May
To achieve different ceiling heights for the same floor: make your walls the tallest height and then use custom modeling/custom ceiling to create a ceiling in the rooms at the lower heights.
Helpful Reply
head-img
Jian Shiu Chong 25 April
Thanks for the reply and suggestion, but it still doesn't solve the disconnected floor issue.@ Homestyler support
attachment
Hello, We suggest you unshow the ceiling by this way:
attachment
Helpful Reply
head-img
Homestyler support 23 April
Hello, We suggest you unshow the ceiling by this way:
attachment
Helpful Reply