How to make a split level floor?

Mardo D. 25 May

Hi designers :)

What tool to use in Homestyler to make a split level floor? The lower floor should be only about 0.5 - 1m shorter from the upper floor.

I tried with the sunken floor - it looks good at first but I can't place any doors and furniture on the lower floor. Also, I tried adding a whole new floor which also won't work since the minimum wall hight is way more than 0.5 - 1m.

Thanks so much in advance and I'm looking forward to any answers.

0 318 2

Comments(2)

head-img
Grace Simmons 29 May
HS will not let you put a door/door opening in the sunken area--it barely gets the furniture to place correctly! So to compensate I design with wall the extra height for the custom floor/custom model. When using the custom modeling/customized floor tools to create your split levels you need to raise/elevate the door opening in the HS wall to the height of the raised floor. You just have to keep in mind what is on the other side of the door. You might have to rise that floor/put in steps to accommodate a higher elevated door.
Helpful Reply
head-img
Mardo D. 25 May
Oh, I also tried creating an upper floor with interior modeling (extrude tool). Again, can't seem to add a door properly, furniture on the other hand works.. Attaching a photo..
attachment
Helpful Reply