V.5.0 - Added a brand-new construction drawing editing and exporting function

Homestyler Official 2023-3-19

Homestyler V5.0-Introduced a brand-new construction drawing function, providing you with convenient services for online editing, previewing and exporting various drawings. Let's take a look at how to use construction drawings~

Updated Functions:

1. How to enter construction drawings?

2. How to edit construction drawings?

1) Introduction to construction drawing editing interface and drawing types

2) Differences between View and Drawing modes

3) How to add different types of text in construction drawings

4) How to add different types of dimensions in construction drawings

5) How to add and delete drawings

6) How to adjust the scale and position of the drawing

3. How to export construction drawings?

Detailed Introduction:

1. How to enter construction drawings?In Homesstyler V5.0, click the top navigation "Export-Construction Drawing" to enter "One-click Export/Edit Drawing"

*You need to set the name of each room when editing or exporting the construction drawing.

2. How to edit construction drawings?

1) Introduction to construction drawing editing interface and drawing types

①【The central canvas】Provide basic function operation and preview, which is convenient for users to operate construction drawings

②【The left catalog】Display all the construction drawings in the project, and support customizing adding/deleting drawings.

Construction drawing types are as follows:

Drawing Catalog

Main Material Table

Plan Drawings:Floor Plan、Layout Plan、Ceiling Construction、Ceiling Lamp Position、Floor Finish Plan、Wall Construction Index、Elevation Index

ElevationDrawings

③【The top toolbar】Support functions such as undo, redo, adding text and size, etc., which is convenient for users to make dimension annotations and text notes

④【The right property panel】Support functions of setting drawing parameters and replacing legends, which is convenient for users to manage drawings.

⑤【The bottom toolbar】Support adjustment of drawing scale, allowing users to easily optimize construction drawings.

2) Differences between View and Drawing modes

View: Edit the drawings in the view, including dimensioning, adding text, adjusting dimensions, etc.

Drawing: Typeset and organize the edited view drawings, and at the same time set the information in the drawing frame to output a complete construction drawing.

3)How to add different types of text in construction drawings

a.How to add leader line text:

In the "View" mode, click on the top "Add Text - Add Leading Text", click and enter the text at the position where you want to add text and leader, and click on the blank space after completion

Select the text, and you can adjust the size and color of the text, as well as the type and color of the leader in the property list on the right.

b.How to add normal text:

In "View" mode, click "Add Text-Text" on the top, click and enter the text where you want to add text, and click on the blank space after completion.

Select the text, you can adjust the size and color of the text in the attribute list on the right, and you can move, copy and delete the text.

c.How to add component text:

Switch to "Drawing" mode, and click the "Add Text - Component Text" button at the top. Click where you want to add text and enter the text, and click on the blank space when you are done.

The default setting is to apply the component text to all drawings, and you can select the drawing range to which the component text is applied in the right property panel "application range". 

At the same time, you can select the text and ungroup it to adjust the text in the drawing individually.

4)How to add different types of dimensions in construction drawings

a.How to add linear dimensions: (Linear dimensions are used to mark horizontal and vertical dimensions)

In the "View" mode, click "Mark-Linear Dimension" on the top to select the starting point, and then select the endpoint for dimensioning. At the same time, you can also click on the dimension and select "custom text" in the right property bar to customize the dimension value.

b.How to add alignmed dimensions: (Alignment dimensions are not only available for horizontal and vertical dimensions, but also support bevel dimensions)

In "View" mode, click on the top "Mark-Align Dimension" to select the starting point, and then select the end point to dimension. At the same time, you can also click on the dimension and select "custom text" in the right property bar to customize the dimension value.

5)How to add and delete drawings

In the "Drawing" mode, select the "Add Folder" and "Add Drawing" options on the upper left, add a new drawing and name it, and then add drawing content on the right. 

6)How to adjust the scale and position of the drawing?

In the "Drawing" mode, select the drawing that needs to be scaled, click "Annotation Scale" at the bottom, and select an appropriate scale. At the same time, you can also choose to move the drawing so that the content of the drawing fits the frame better.

3.How to export construction drawings?

* Construction drawings support exporting in three formats: dwg, pdf, and jpg

Method 1:

In Homestyler V5.0, open the project, click the top navigation "Export-Construction Drawing" and select "One-click Export", select the bottom "Export Drawing" to select the drawing and drawing format to be 

Method 2:

In Homestyler V5.0, open the project, click the top navigation "Export-Construction Drawing" and select "Edit Drawing", in the "Drawing" mode, select the bottom "Export Drawing" to select the drawing and drawing format to be exported, click "Export" and done.

0 27538 48

コメント(48)

head-img
Nauka Desai 2023-3-30
Specifically, I would suggest adding a feature that allows users to easily place electrical devices, lighting fixtures, switches, and outlets on the floor plan and create a clear and easy-to-read electrical plan layout. This would be a great addition to an already robust platform, and would make the process of creating construction drawings even more seamless and efficient. Thank you for your consideration of this request. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
55 コメントに返信する
head-img
Raquel MOSAICO 2023-3-29
Hello!! Thank you very much!!! I have, like @chiara amadei, the same issue . I work in centemeters and meters and not in feets and inches and, when I download the plans they appear in inches. How can we solve that?? Thank you in advance!!
24 コメントに返信する
head-img
Nauka Desai 2023-3-30
Dear Home Styler Support Team, I am a user of your platform and have found it very helpful for creating construction drawings for my home renovation projects. However, I noticed that there is currently no functionality for creating an electrical plan layout, which is an important part of the overall construction drawing. I would like to request that you consider adding an electrical plan layout function to the platform. This would allow users like me to easily create and incorporate electrical plans into our construction drawings, without having to use external tools or resources.
23 コメントに返信する
head-img
Chiara Amadei 2023-3-29
Hello Homestyler, thank you so much for this Constuction Drawing Function. I really appreciate it! I would like to ask you how to change the measurement unit, because when I enter in the "Drawing mode" and click on "Layout Plan" it only show the mesurament in inches, and I would like to have it in centimeters. Can you help me? Thank you so much!
17 コメントに返信する
head-img
Raquel MOSAICO 2023-3-31
I join your proposal!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻@ Nauka Desai
Specifically, I would suggest adding a feature that allows users to easily place electrical devices, lighting fixtures, switches, and outlets on the floor plan and create a clear and easy-to-read electrical plan layout. This would be a great addition to an already robust platform, and would make the process of creating construction drawings even more seamless and efficient. Thank you for your consideration of this request. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
16 コメントに返信する
head-img
Olga Sosova 2023-3-30
The problem. Draw in inches, not in mm!
14 コメントに返信する
head-img
Anna Bajno 2023-3-30
Hello, thank you for this grsate new funcionality :) is it posible to change inches for cm or mm?
11 コメントに返信する
head-img
SZYMON WŁODARKIEWICZ 2023-3-29
Cześć, nowa funkcja jest super. Jest tylko mały problem z jednostką miary. Jak zmienić cale na cm. Z góry dziękuję za odpowiedź.
8 コメントに返信する
head-img
Marta Q 2023-3-31
How to change measurment unit from inches to centemeters? Plus how create drawing for one floor? Currently I can only create a drawing with two floors when one is overlapping the next.
6 コメントに返信する
head-img
Elena Sochi 2023-4-8
Скажите, есть возможность изменить язык в чертежах?
4 コメントに返信する
head-img
Raquel MOSAICO 2023-3-30
Hi everyone!! In the meantime while the problem is solved I am changing the dimensions from feet to meters manually. I have uploaded an image. You just have to go to the plan you want to change in the "View" mode. Then go to your right where it says "Dimension" - Numerical Value - Custom Text. Enter the figures manually... The problem with this is just that you have to double check you are entering the right figures and the time that it takes to amend all dimensions. Hope it helps!! Raquel@ Raquel MOSAICO
attachment
Hello!! Thank you very much!!! I have, like @chiara amadei, the same issue . I work in centemeters and meters and not in feets and inches and, when I download the plans they appear in inches. How can we solve that?? Thank you in advance!!
4 コメントに返信する
head-img
marina-kopaeva 2023-3-30
I support.This is a big problem!Very uncomfortable!@ Olga Sosova
4 コメントに返信する
head-img
Yael Fuerst 2023-3-31
Thank you! As mentioned the need is for measurement in cm. Also kitchen elevation doesn't show cabinet plans is there an option to do this? show the cabinet units and measurement so that we can forward it to a carpenter? Thanks
3 コメントに返信する
head-img
Ольга Денисова 10-15
добрый день, я поддерживаю что обязательно нужны планы электрики. зачем делать это дополнительно если у нас есть розетки!! просим дополнить планом электрики, спасибо
2 コメントに返信する
head-img
shaik ahammed 9-21
2 コメントに返信する
head-img
Priyancka Maduarh 9-2
Need more options for 1. Electrical elements like Switchboard, fan regulator switch etc. 2. Partition Options 3. Back painted/Coloured Mirror for accent walls 4. Handle & knobs
2 コメントに返信する
head-img
Hobby Qin 2023-4-16
electrical plan layout, which is an important part of the overall construction drawing,I look forward to hearing back from you soon
2 コメントに返信する
head-img
Ирина Морозова 2023-4-7
добрый день. подскажите как попасть на страницу редактирования плана с размерами
2 コメントに返信する
head-img
Károly Baucsek 2023-3-30
Greetings! Joining the others before me, I appreciate that this new feature has been added to the program, it is a great help, thank you! In my country, too, millimetre-centimetre and metre are the common measurement formats. Is it expected that drawings will be generated in other units of measurement? Thank you in advance for your reply!
2 コメントに返信する
head-img
Ольга Денисова 3-28
Очень жизненно необходимо чтобы в комплект чертежей входил план электрики, и все чертежи с ведомостями были переведены на русский язык.
1 コメントに返信する
head-img
J Bo 3-25
Очень полезная функция! Спасибо!
1 コメントに返信する
head-img
mj.kendall 1-21
Is your exporting function only for paid users now? I don't see any mention of this in Pricing or tutorials. If I try to export now it is now greyed out? What paid plans now support this?
1 コメントに返信する
head-img
Karen Richani 2023-3-30
Can we add the option of typing the name of the rooms? some room types are not on the list?
1 コメントに返信する
head-img
Blue Cloud 4-3
i cant import images
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Natol Petrov 4-3
Hello! Thank you very much! I support the need for electrical plans! Why do this extra if we have sockets!! please add an electrical plan, thank you!!!
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Cauê Iartelli 3-28
please add other idiom to export draw
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
mondetoxx Alle 3-20
Is there any way to include simple geometric forms like sphere, cube etc, for editing pipelines and hydraulics at the catalog?
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Fletch Window Tint 7-10
Searching for the best window tinting in San Antonio? Just go towards Fletch Window Tint! We offer a wide range of services to help you customize your car, home, or office. We use the latest technology and highest-quality materials to provide you with the best possible window tinting experience. Contact us today at Fletchwindowtint.com.
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Aline Caetano 6-30
Como faço para aparecer os Boiseries inseridos nas plantas de elevação? Não estão aparecendo para mim.
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
諒 加藤 6-22
yup, a basic feature still missing@ Nauka Desai
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Rosa María Castelló 6-16
Tienes que cambiar antes de hacer la exportación en propiedades a metros o cm. entonces sale correctamente. Si alguien sabe como cambiar el texto de ventanas y otros elementos que está en inglés lo agradecería.@ Raquel MOSAICO
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
rhys.doyle 6-13
This was very helpful
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
leonardo radomir 5-16
jihiuhu@ marina-kopaeva
I support.This is a big problem!Very uncomfortable!
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Sergii S 5-9
Hello. How to export only one floor?
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
evelyn ponce 2023-4-23
TENGO PROBLEMAS CON ESTA NUEVA VERSION, NO PUEDO RECUPERAR LOS RENDERS DE MIS PROYECTOS PASADOS NI ME DEJA GUARDAR ALGUNO NUEVO.
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
militiaproducts 2023-4-13
ALL MY DIMENSIONS ARE RUINED NOW ON THE PLAN I HAVE WORKED ON FOR A YEAR, AND NOW THAT I SAVED IT IN V5, I CANT GO BACK. ALL THE INCH DIMENSIONS ARE NOW FEET. THANKS.
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
REJANE LEAL 2023-4-11
Uau! Vocês estão melhorando cada vez mais. Parabéns e obrigada por tudo. As novidades da plataforma são realmente ótimas, mas gostaríamos que as medidas das cotas estivessem disponíveis em centímetros e metros. Existe alguma maneira de mudar as unidades de medida?
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
cezar.icq 2023-4-8
Hi, thanks for the new construction drawings! I would really like to add a plan of outlets!
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Rosa María Castelló 2023-4-7
Cambialo ántes de importar el dibujo y se cambia. Es decir entra en ajustes o preferencias ponlo en metros o centímetros y luego ve a importar dibujo y ya lo tendrás.@ Marta Q
How to change measurment unit from inches to centemeters? Plus how create drawing for one floor? Currently I can only create a drawing with two floors when one is overlapping the next.
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Cambialo ántes de importar el dibujo y se cambia. Es decir entra en ajustes o preferencias ponlo en metros o centímetros y luego ve a importar dibujo y ya lo tendrás.@ marina-kopaeva
I support.This is a big problem!Very uncomfortable!
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Cambialo ántes de importar el dibujo y se cambia. Es decir entra en ajustes o preferencias ponlo en metros o centímetros y luego ve a importar dibujo y ya lo tendrás.@ SZYMON WŁODARKIEWICZ
Cześć, nowa funkcja jest super. Jest tylko mały problem z jednostką miary. Jak zmienić cale na cm. Z góry dziękuję za odpowiedź.
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Cambialo ántes de importar el dibujo y se cambia. Es decir entra en ajustes o preferencias ponlo en metros o centímetros y luego ve a importar dibujo y ya lo tendrás.@ Olga Sosova
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Cambialo ántes de importar el dibujo y se cambia. Es decir entra en ajustes o preferencias ponlo en metros o centímetros y luego ve a importar dibujo y ya lo tendrás.@ Chiara Amadei
Hello Homestyler, thank you so much for this Constuction Drawing Function. I really appreciate it! I would like to ask you how to change the measurement unit, because when I enter in the "Drawing mode" and click on "Layout Plan" it only show the mesurament in inches, and I would like to have it in centimeters. Can you help me? Thank you so much!
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Cambialo ántes de importar el dibujo y se cambia. Es decir entra en ajustes o preferencias ponlo en metros o centímetros y luego ve a importar dibujo y ya lo tendrás.@ Raquel MOSAICO
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Chiara Ippomei 2023-4-1
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
yura fi 2023-3-31
同樣的問題。我的工作單位是厘米和米,而不是英尺和英寸,當我下載計劃時,它們以英寸顯示。我們該如何解決?先感謝您!!
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Grace Simmons 2023-3-31
Change the room name to 'other room' then highlight those words and type in the name you want. I do it all the time!@ Karen Richani
Can we add the option of typing the name of the rooms? some room types are not on the list?
役に立った コメントに返信する
head-img
Grace Simmons 2023-3-31
Great that this is a new feature. How about doing something for folks that do not use DWG files. When you add a floor plan via manual drawing --- how about adding a feature so you can see your floor plan within the custom modeling interface. @homestyler
役に立った コメントに返信する